An extremely easy recipe for crispy and juicy pork belly!
This low-carb keto pork belly recipe is rich and flavourful, and it only takes 5 minutes to prep!
Pork belly is naturally rich, meaty, and juicy, which means it doesn’t need much seasoning to shine. A simple salt and pepper rub is enough to enhance those natural flavors.
Rich in protein and fats, pork belly makes a great addition to any keto recipe. The skin is a great addition as it gets crunchy during cooking time, becoming an absolute treat!
To make sure you end up with crispy skin and juicy meat, you need to follow few easy steps:
- Score the skin with a sharp knife – scoring, combined with the salt used, allows for the fat to render and make the crackling crisp; it also makes it easier to cut and serve afterward;
- Brushing the skin with oil is not necessary, but it adds a fat boost to the dish, so don’t skip on it;
- Feel free to add more seasoning if you’re in the mood for it – the world is your oyster!
- Heat: make sure high heat is used first to get that crackling action going on; alternatively, it can be seared on high in a cast-iron skillet, then baked in the oven for 1h at 350F/180C;
- The meat is cooked through when internal temperature reaches 165-175 F;
- Once done, make sure the meat rests for at least 15 minutes to retain all of the juices.
We recommend eating the pork belly right away while the crackling is still crunchy. Alternatively, it can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
This low-carb keto pork belly recipe can be served with any keto-friendly side dish you want! You can serve it with salads or sautéed veggies. Alternatively, lettuce leaves can be used as wraps. This dish is so versatile it matches anyone’s cravings.
– HOW TO –
Preheat oven to 482 F/250C;
Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork belly without cutting into the meat;
Use a pastry brush to brush the vegetable oil over the top of the pork;
Sprinkle with salt and black pepper;
Place in an oven-safe dish and bake at 482 F/250C for 15 minutes; reduce the heat to 350F/180 C and cook for another hour.
Low Carb Keto Pork Belly Recipe
- An Oven
- A Sharp Knife
- A Pastry Brush
- 2 lbs. pork belly bone-in
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp flaked sea salt
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 482 F/250C;
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork belly without cutting into the meat;
- Use a pastry brush to brush the vegetable oil over the top of the pork;
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper;
- Place in an oven-safe dish and bake at 482 F/250C for 15 minutes; reduce the heat to 350F/180 C and cook for another hour.