These low-carb keto zucchini fries are simple, delicious, and only a few ingredients. They are perfect to serve as a side, as an appetizer, or as a snack.
Crunchy, cheesy, and a little bit spicy, keto zucchini fries only require 4 main ingredients that you have lying around in the pantry.
Making low carb keto zucchini fries is very easy and to achieve crisp results, one needs to keep in mind a few things:
- Dry zucchini – after slicing the zucchini it is recommended to pat dry the fries to ensure the coating sticks better;
- Coating station – it will be even easier if an assembly line will be formed before starting on coating the fries; have the sliced zucchini on one side, followed by the egg wash followed by the almond-parmesan mix and a parchment-lined baking tray at the very end;
- Keep your hand in separate working stations – use one hand for the wet drenching and the other one for the dry drenching;
- Bake but flip halfway through – depending on the oven, the fries might need anywhere in between 20-30 minutes to cook through; make sure you keep an eye on them and when golden brown, flip on the other side and cook until crispy;
- Eat immediately! Zucchini is 95% water so after cooking, they release the water and become soggy; they still taste great but they won’t satisfy the crunch craving so serve right away.
Preheat oven to 200C/400F degrees;
Cut the zucchini into fry shapes;
Pat the zucchini dry and set aside;
To a bowl, add the egg and mayo and mix until combined;
To another bowl, combine the almond flour, spices, and parmesan and mix well;
Dredge the zucchini in the egg then the almond flour crust and place on a parchment-,lined baking tray;
Spray the breaded zucchini fries with cooking spray;
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200C/400F, flipping midway through;
Serve next to any desired sauce.
Low-carb Keto Crispy Zucchini Fries Recipe
- Baking Tray
- Cooking Spray
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F degrees;
- Cut the zucchini into fry shapes;
- Pat the zucchini dry and set aside;
- To a bowl, add the egg and mayo and mix until combined;
- To another bowl, combine the almond flour, spices, and parmesan and mix well;
- Dredge the zucchini in the egg then the almond flour crust and place on a parchment-,lined baking tray;
- Spray the breaded zucchini fries with cooking spray;
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200C/400F, flipping midway through;
- Serve next to any desired sauce.