These are all the keto-friendly restaurants in Melbourne that offer a variety of cuisines suitable for those following a keto diet. Enjoy exploring the Melbourne food scene while sticking to your dietary preferences!
|Stalactites||Greek||177/183 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia|
|Hunky Dory||Seafood||Many locations all over the City|
|The Burger Block||Keto Cakes and Burgers||85 Willsmere Rd, Kew VIC 3101, Australia|
|Low Carb Gourmet||Frozen and Ready-to-Heat||44 Empress Rd, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia|
|Steakhouse Grill 66||Fancy||66 Newquay Promenade, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia|
|San Telmo||Argentine||14 Meyers Pl, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia|
|Nosh||Japanese||Various locations all over the city|
|Entrecôte||French||142-144 Greville St, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia|
|Miss Chu||Vietnamese||111 Cecil St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia|
|Agraba||Lebanese||69/71 Errol St, North Melbourne VIC 3051, Australia|
|Riddik Café||Brunch||1/3 The Mall, Templestowe Lower VIC 3107, Australia|
- 1. Stalactites – For All Things Greek
- 2. Hunky Dory – The Go-to Seafood Place
- 3.The Burger Block – For Keto Cakes and Burgers
- 4. Low Carb Gourmet- Frozen and Ready-to-Heat Keto Meals
- 5. Steakhouse Grill 66- A Fancy Option
- 6. San Telmo- A Taste of Argentina
- 7. Nosh- Japanese Made Keto
- 8. Entrecôte- A French Affair
- 9. Miss Chu- For All Dishes Vietnamese
- 10. Agraba- Lebanese Food + Good Music
- 11. Riddik Café- Best for Brunch Dates
Fun Fact: Melbourne ranked 6th on the list of the world’s best cities for eating and drinking in 2021. (*)
Sad Fact: If you’re on keto, you might not be able to enjoy all their restaurants.
So the big question is– does Melbourne have something to offer if you’re on the keto diet?
The answer is—yes!
There’s a place in the Melbourne food scene for keto dieters. But, of course, you need to research and dig to find out where you can eat.
If you are looking for a list of the best keto restaurants, cafe, bakery in Melbourne, then you are in the right place!
To help save time and effort, we’ve hand-picked 11 keto restaurant Melbourne options. (You’re welcome).
Are you excited to explore the keto food scene in Melbourne? If so, let’s get this ball rolling!
1. Stalactites – For All Things Greek
- Address: 177/183 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9663 3316
- Business Hours: Sundays to Thursdays: 11 AM to 12 AM; Fridays and Saturdays: 11 AM to 2 AM
- Website: http://www.stalactites.com.au/
Operating since 1978, Stalactites is one of Melbourne’s oldest restaurants. This iconic Greek restaurant offers classic meat dishes which are perfect for keto.
Start your meal with a few dips served with olives, feta cheese, or saganaki. Afterward, enjoy their meat dishes off-the-grill for a smoky and healthier twist.
Editor’s Keto Menu Favorites:
- Grass-Fed Porterhouse Stea 380g prime cut steak char-grilled to your liking
- Hot Sausages Sliced and grilled smoked pork spicy sausages
- Saganaki Grilled Dodoni Greek kefalograviera cheese
- Mixed Dips Homemade tzatziki, hummus, tarama, and melitzanosalata
Tip: Hold off or go easy on the tarama as it usually contains flour.
- Off-the-Grill Options: Lamb cutlets, Lamb /Chicken Souvla, Mixed Souvla, and Mixed Grill
Tip: Ditch the chips.
- Greek Garden Salad: Mixed lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and homemade Greek vinaigrette
Bonus Point: The restaurant features a stalactite ceiling and exposed stone walls. It resembles the Kapsia cave, one of Greece’s most important caves. (*)
Check out our next recommendation if you’re in the mood for fish.
2. Hunky Dory – The Go-to Seafood Place
- Address: Many locations all over the City
- Contact Number: 03 9646 1020 (Port Melbourne location)
- Business Hours: Varies depending on location
- Website: https://www.hunkydory.com.au/
Hunky Dory is the go-to place for fish and chips in Melbourne.
Good news: They offer keto-friendly and char-grilled versions of their famous dishes.
After all, their mission is to give the Fish and Chips game a healthy spin. They have been doing this since 2004!
Editor’s Low-carb Options Favorites:
- Grill Pack Menu: The Latino, The African, Barramundi Pack, Atlantic Salmon Pack
Tip: Hold the rice and chips.
- Grilled Seafood and Salad: Mediterranean-flavored calamari, prawns, and fish of the day served with a classic salad
- Spinach, Kale, and Broccoli Super Salad: Spinach, broccoli, and kale tossed in miso vinaigrette and topped with toasted sesame seeds
- Side Dish Choices: Southern Fried Cauliflower, Prawn Skewer, Seafood Skewer, and Chicken Skewer
If you thought you couldn’t enjoy cakes and burgers on keto, the next restaurant shows you how it’s done.
3.The Burger Block – For Keto Cakes and Burgers
- Address: 85 Willsmere Rd, Kew VIC 3101, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9853 5771
- Business Hours: Sundays to Tuesdays: 11 AM to 3 PM; Thursdays to Saturdays: 11 AM to 3 PM, 5 PM to 8:30 PM; Wednesdays and Public Holidays: Closed
- Website: theburgerblock.com
The Burger Block is Melbourne’s first-ever keto-friendly café. It’s the go-to place for low-carb and sugar-free meals.
Case in point: their low-carb cakes and burgers with delicious keto twist! This burger joint shied away from the usual lettuce wrap. Instead, they serve their keto burger with a cheese bun—a tastier and fat-filled option.
Made with almond flour and xylitol, their cakes are low carb, gluten- and diabetic-friendly. (*)
Editor’s Keto Menu:
- Fat Boy Slim: Beef patty, American cheese, fried egg, bacon, pickles, jalapeños, lettuce, aioli, and hot sauce. All these are sandwiched between two low-carb cheese buns
- Rustic Covered Cake: Black forest choco cake with choco or vanilla piping
- Naked Cake: Crème cheese buttercream with choco piping and fresh flower decorations
- Smooth Covered Cake: Chocolate buttercream with choco piping
Health-conscious people, the next restaurant makes healthy and clean eating easy for you.
4. Low Carb Gourmet- Frozen and Ready-to-Heat Keto Meals
- Address: 44 Empress Rd, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 499 221 925
- Business Hours: Mondays to Wednesdays: 9 AM to 5 PM; Thursdays to Sundays: Closed
- Website: https://www.lowcarbgourmet.com.au/
Are you too busy to prepare your meals? Then, the ready-to-heat frozen keto meals from Low Carb Gourmet are here to your rescue.
That’s not all. This keto café uses only clean ingredients for its healthy and delicious dishes.
They also use natural, free-range, and homemade products such as:
- Free-range eggs and chicken
- Homemade stock
- Home-grown and dried herbs
- Homemade pesto
- Homemade mayonnaise
Editor’s Best Keto-Friendly Dishes:
Bacon and Halloumi Bites
– 4 pcs bacon-wrapped halloumi served with homemade pesto dip
Zoodles with Alfredo Sauce
– Zucchini noodles topped with Alfredo sauce with parmesan cheese
Mexican Beef and Cauliflower
- Spicy Mexican beef with cauliflower rice
For a fancy keto dish, head on to our next keto restaurant Melbourne on the list–
5. Steakhouse Grill 66- A Fancy Option
Address: 66 Newquay Promenade, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Contact Number: +61 3 9640 0808
– Mondays to Wednesdays: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
– Thursdays to Sundays: 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM, 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Are you looking for a fancy place where you can bring your partner to? Check out Steakhouse Grill 66.
This fancy restaurant features a menu brimming with keto-friendly choices. These include cheeses, seafood, and a wide range of steak dishes.
That’s not all. Its glass walls allow you to enjoy the outdoor view and indoor air conditioning comfort.
Must-order Dishes for Keto Dieters:
– Natural and Bacon Kilpatrick
Grilled Atlantic Salmon
– Served with olive, fetta, Kipfler potatoes, heirloom cherry tomatoes, salad mix, hollandaise, and beetroot relish
Tip: Skip the Kipfler potatoes.
Tennessee BBQ Beef Ribs
- Marinated with American spice blend then braised in smokey BBQ sauce
Tip: Hold the seasoned chips.
28 Dry Aged Ribeye
– 500g Collinson & Co. dry-aged grass-fed Black Angus ribeye
Tip: Order with salad.
Bonus Point: The outdoor heated terrace is perfect during the colder months.
The next restaurant’s menu follows the Argentine tradition of sharing food.
6. San Telmo- A Taste of Argentina
- Address: 14 Meyers Pl, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9650 5525
- Business Hours:: Sundays to Thursdays: 12:00 NN to 10:00 PM; Fridays and Saturdays: 12:00 NN to 10:30 PM
- Website: https://santelmo.com.au/
San Telmo has a sharing-style menu featuring some of the best South American dishes. These include mostly hearty meat dishes which ate great for keto.
What to Order:
- Provoleta: Pan-fried provolone cheese with red chimichurri
- Plato de Picada: Cured meat platter with house-made pickles
Tip: Skip the chapa.
- Cordero: Pasture-fed lamb rump marinated in rosemary and garlic thyme
- Solomillo: 500g O’Connors premium dry-aged pasture-fed ribeye
- Tira de Asado: O’ Connors premium pasture-fed beef short ribs
- Side Dish OptionsLechuga, Broccolini, Remolacha, and Zanahorias
Japanese food lovers, you shouldn’t miss out on our next keto restaurant in Melbourne–
7. Nosh- Japanese Made Keto
Since 2017, Nosh has been producing Japanese-inspired dishes using high-quality, locally-sourced seasonal ingredients.
You don’t have to choose between salmon or wagyu in this restaurant because they are excellent at both! They also offer keto-friendly tacos made with crispy seaweed.
Head to their restaurant if you wish to enjoy good Japanese food, good vibes, and great company.
- Address: Various locations all over the city
- Contact Number: (03) 9670 1529 (Galleria)
- Business Hours: Varies depending on location
- Website: https://nosh.net.au/
Must-try Keto Dishes:
- Flame-Seared Wagyu: Victorian juicy wagyu beef bathed in delicious BBQ flavors then flame-seared to perfection
- Tasmanian Salmon: Flame-seared or sashimi salmon
Sashimi Tuna: A- Grade sashimi tuna
- Nori Taco: Honey BBQ Wagyu Taco, Spicy Mayo Salmon Taco, Tamarind Prawn Taco
Tip: Order this without the coconut turmeric rice.
8. Entrecôte- A French Affair
Entrecôte is one of the best French bistros in Melbourne. The restaurant is where French cuisine meets fresh Melbourne produce.
If you wish to enjoy French cuisine without carbs, this is the place to visit.
- Address: 142-144 Greville St, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9804 5468
- Business Hours: Sundays to Thursdays: 12:00 NN to 11:00 PM; Fridays and Saturdays: 12:00 NN to 12:00 AM
- Website: https://www.entrecote.com.au/
Editor’s Pick Low-carb French Dishes to Try:
- Signature Steak Frites: Pasture-fed Angus Porterhouse, secret herb sauce, and frites.
Tip: Skip the frites.
- Hors D’ Euvres: Mt Zero Marinated Olives, Fromage Rôti, and Escargot
- Poisson de March: Grilled market fish, mussels, prawns, saffron, lobster bisque cream, and crispy leeks
Tip: Hold the root vegetables.
Pay a visit to our next recommendation for a taste of Southeast Asia.
9. Miss Chu- For All Dishes Vietnamese
Haven’t you had Vietnamese noodles soups since you went on keto? Miss Chu will make it possible for you!
The restaurant allows you to replace the vermicelli noodles with shirataki noodles. These are the so-called miracle noodles as they have zero carbs! (*)
- Address: 111 Cecil St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9077 6566
- Business Hours: Mondays to Thursdays: 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM; Fridays and Saturdays: 11:00 AM to 9:30 PM; Sundays: 12:00 NN to 8:30 PM
- Website: https://misschu.com/
Editor’s Best Keto Vietnamese Dish Options:
- Vermicelli Noodle Salads: Turmeric Chicken Breast, Exotic Mushrooms and Tofu, and Lemongrass Vermicelli
Tip: Ask for shirataki noodles.
- Soup Options: Keto Pho Noodle Soup, Wok’D Chicken Breast Pho, and Grilled Mushroom and Tofu Soup
Tip: Skip the noodles.
If you want a taste of Arabic flavors and a bite of Mediterranean textures and colors, check out–
10. Agraba- Lebanese Food + Good Music
Rich in proteins, Lebanese is one of the best keto-friendly cuisines. In Melbourne, Agraba is the place to visit if you want to enjoy low-carb Lebanese dishes and good music.
- Address: 69/71 Errol St, North Melbourne VIC 3051, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9329 0058
- Business Hours: 7:00 AM to 9:30 PM
- Website: https://www.agraba.com.au/
Editor’s Recommended Keto Dishes to Try:
- Arnabeet Meklieh: Fried broccoli and cauliflower served with Tahini sauce
- Wrap Menu: Lamp Wrap, Kafta Wrap, Chicken Wrap, and Ma’anek Wrap
Tip: Hold the wrap.
- Skewer Menu: Lamb Skewers, Chicken Skewers, and Lamb Kafta Skewers
Tip: Skip the rice and pita bread.
Bonus Point: Music lovers, you can bring your vinyl, and they’ll spin it for you.
If you wish to share your love for keto over brunch, here’s a restaurant to invite your girlfriends to—
11. Riddik Café- Best for Brunch Dates
Riddik Café has one of the most versatile menus in Melbourne. With its wide range of breakfast and lunch menus, it’s one of the best brunch spots that can satisfy your keto cafe needs.
- Address: 1/3 The Mall, Templestowe Lower VIC 3107, Australia
- Contact Number: +61 3 9850 2680
- Business Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Website: https://www.riddik.com.au/
Editor’s Favorite Keto Meals:
- Snow Pea and Radish Salad: Seasonal greens, snow pea, radish, soybeans, and lemon pepper vinaigrette
- Poke Bowls: Flaked miso, roasted salmon, edamame, pickled carrots, smashed avocado, sesame, and soy sauce.
Tip: Skip the rice noodles.
- Pulled Lamb Salad: Pulled lamb, tomato, cucumber, goat’s cheese, mixed vegetables, and olive oil vinaigrette
Bonus Point: You can rent the restaurant as a function hall in the evening. It’s a great option if you want to throw a keto-friendly party!
When traveling or eating out, most keto dieters throw caution to the wind. They just settle with any available dish on the menu.
The result? They end up getting kicked out of ketosis.
Don’t let this be you.
To avoid this, check out the menu of each Keto Melbourne restaurant on our list. Additionally, call ahead to determine if they can accommodate your special order requests.
These simple steps can help you stick to your diet. Trust us. It’s all worth it.
Disclaimer: Restaurant details and menu items are subject to change. Please check the restaurant websites or contact them directly for the latest information.