This almond crust is easy to prepare and much tastier than traditional pies. In addition, the ingredients contain important nutrients: the almond brings the creamy flavor of unsaturated and healthy fats, and also provides a pleasant texture.
The coconut milk that we used for this creamy chocolate mousse is very rich in iron, potassium and phosphorus and is also a source of manganese, copper, selenium and zinc .
If you want to go sugar-free, simply replace the maple syrup with a few mooji dates, just remember to process them really well until paste like, so they become nice and smooth.
A healthy pie that will please everyone, even the most greedy !!
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17.7g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 12.3g||61%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.9g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||12%|
|Total Sugars 34.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
In Rush, Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- 1 cup ¾almond flour
- cup ¼pitted date
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp. ground flax seed and 3 tbsp. water mix and reserve for 15 min
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- For the chocolate filling
- 2 x 400ml cans full fat coconut cream 13.7oz
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Cocoa nibs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Mix all the ingredients the almond flour, the pitted date, the flax egg and the coconut oil in the food processor until you have a dough
- Place the dough into a non-stick
- Place baking paper on top and use beans to weight the dough down. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and fill with your chocolate filling
- Place sealed cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day open the can carefully and scoop out the thick cream sitting at the top.
- Transfer the thick hard cream in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and beat on high using a hand mixer until thick and creamy.
- Fold the cocoa powder and salt through the cream and beat again until smooth and well combined
- Transfer the chocolate filling into the almond pie and refrigerate until set.
- Sprinkle with Cocoa nibs chocolate