What I love most about this recipe is that the pan size determines how they are going to be used. Make them in a small pan, like I did, for tacos, or make them in a larger pan to make tortillas. They are also thin and low in calorie so you may always double them up.
In terms of making low carb tortillas, I’ve tried many different flours, from almond flour to ground flax meal. Absolutely nothing has worked well as coconut flour has, and because it is so absorbent, less flour is required to make the batter.
Coconut flour also makes a tortilla-like texture and produces minimal flavor, aside from the spices you add to the batter.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 10 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- MCT oil as needed
- In a bowl, add flax meal, coconut flour, baking powder, and water. Mix well.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat. Spray with MCT oil, and drop some of the mixture into the center.
- As rapidly as possible tilt the frying pan on all edge to spread the batter.
- Let it cook for a few minutes until it begins to bubble. Flip and cook for 1 more minute.
- Repeat the process and enjoy.
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 6g
- Carbs: 6g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 4g