That day has finally come! You have just gotten the hang of your keto diet, reached ketosis, and now you are invited to go eat out.
Panic alarms are probably ringing in your head right now with questions about how to remain on your keto diet while dining out.
You might be wondering:
Can I even remain in ketosis or do I have to start from scratch? We know the feeling, we’ve been there, but it is a problem with solutions.
Luckily, options are teeming with great keto restaurants Sydney has to offer. This only leaves the matter of picking the perfect one.
So let’s begin:
Asian Cuisine Keto Restaurants Sydney Locations
1. Zushi Barangaroo
Address: 10/33 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo NSW 2000, Australia
Phone: (02) 8072 7383
- Mon – Sun: 12PM – 3PM (Last orders 2:30/2:45pm * Friday to Sunday 3-5pm bar open for drinks only
- Sun – Mon: 5PM – 9PM (Last orders 830/845pm)
- Tue – Thurs: 5PM – 9:30PM (Last orders 915/930pm)
- Fri – Sat: 5PM – 10PM (Last orders 945/10pm)
A Japanese style restaurant in Sydney, Zushi Barangaroo has a long list of meals on its menu. Although Japanese restaurant implies rice, this food place has variations that exclude it.
On the other hand, Japanese food also means fish and seafood, which are great for a keto diet.
What’s on the menu:
- Tuna tataki – seared yellowfin tuna tataki, tamari ponzu, leek, shiso cress
- Buttered toothfish – roasted toothfish, crispy leek, asparagus, teriyaki butter
- Wagyu steak – grilled medium rare wagyu, shio koji, shiitake mushroom, crispy garlic, chives, nashi pear + apple soy
- Grilled broccolini – broccolini, nori butter, white sesame
- Edamame – green soy beans, sea salt + chili optionally
With locally sourced ingredients, they really bring a tasty twist to the plate, and we appreciate the wide variety of options.
2. Baywok Catering
Address: 61 Majors Bay Rd, Concord NSW 2137, Australia
Phone: (02) 8765 0922
- Monday to Sunday 11:30 am-9:30 pm
Providing a mix of Chinese and Thai food, Baywok Catering is a well-established Asian eatery in Sydney.
As part of the keto restaurants Sydney list, a lot of their dishes go very well with the diet and help you maintain your ketosis streak.
Take a look at the menu:
- roast duck Maryland + spicy fresh mango salad
- baywok betel leaf – shredded green apple, lemongrass, caramelized coconut, nut
- chicken satay pieces
- warm beef salad – eye fillet steak, grilled eggplant, cherry tomato, lettuce, Thai herbs
They have an option to make your own stir fry by requesting what you would like to have in it. This is great for keto dieters as it allows you to pick and mix.
A casual place for good Asian food with the option to take them on for catering if you’re so inclined. With a carb free option on the menu to help keto customers.
Address: 10/49 Lime Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Phone: 1300 626 548
- Wed to Sun from 12-3pm
- Tue to Sun from 5:30-10pm
With a history of 35 years of serving in Sydney, Manjits is an authentic Indian cuisine restaurant with many dishes that can be included within keto.
The menu includes:
- tandoori chicken banjara – thigh fillet marinated in cream, fennel, cardamon, cauliflower puree
- chicken madras – chicken, tomato, onion, fenugreek, garlic, curry
- beef cheek vindaloo – 8 hours slow cocked cheeks, malt vinegar, fresh chilis
- prawn pakora – Sri Lanka style battered shrimp, dried chili, curry leaves
- lamb bharrah – lamb cutlets marinated in spices and aromatics
Offering traditional curries, with a plethora of aromas and spices, the better to spice up a keto diet.
With the possibility to dine-in, order, and takeaway, Manjits brings convenience and high-quality dishes.
4. Chin Chin
Address: 69 Commonweath Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia
Phone: 02 9281 3322
- Monday to Sunday 12am – 11:30pm
A fun and quiet venue lodged in the Griffiths building, the Chin Chin offers a southeast Asian themed cuisine.
With a focus on Thai food, they seek to serve a mix of flavors and accommodate many tastes.
- kingfish sashimi with lime, chili, coconut, Thai basil
- rotisserie pork belly with fennel pickle, pineapple hot sauce
- steamed market fish with turmeric, lemongrass curry, baby bok choy
- hot and sour Brussel sprouts with mint and red chili
- fried squid Nahm jim with coriander and chili
Both the atmosphere and the menu are what make patrons return. Chin chin is one restaurant that offers quite an exotic assortment of dishes.
- Top 10 Keto Chinese Food You Can Eat
- Top 11 Keto Japanese Food You Can Eat
- Top 12 Thai Food Options You Can Eat
European and Aussie Keto Restaurants Sydney Based
5. The Bavarian
Address: World Square, Level 1/644 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
Open hours: Monday to Sunday 11 am-10 pm
As the name of the restaurant suggests, the Bavarian offers a German-inspired menu and ambiance.
Some of the classic German food staples are a good match with the keto diet and this restaurant more that accommodates this.
From the menu:
- Crackling pork belly – pork, red cabbage, onion jus, creamy mash, apple compote
- Munich platter for 2 – crackling pork belly, pork knuckle, german sausages, chicken schnitzel, sauerkraut, red cabbage, creamy mash, apple compote, bier jus
- Naked schnitzel – grilled chicken breast, garlic butter, forest wilted greens
- Heidi’s forest green salad – rocket, grains, almond flakes, olives, feta, sundried tomatoes, lemon, mint dressing
- Wannabe a schnitzel – plant based schnitzel, Heidi’s forest greens, balsamic glaze
- Some other examples from the menu might need to have croutons or potatoes be left out. As for meat, it excels in diversity.
The creative names they have assigned to their dishes only showcase their quirkiness and friendly atmosphere.
6. Bon Vin Darlinghurst
Address: Stanley Ln, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
- Thursday to Saturday: 5:00 pm – 12:00 am
French cuisine with wine pairing and professional recommendations, Bon Vin Darlinghurst provides great services.
Although French food with cheese, baguettes, and pastry, is not the first to jump at you when you look for keto options, we believe it can be versatile.
Meat mains are a staple of this cuisine and work as keto friendly when leaving out bread and potatoes.
A few choice meals:
- Sydney rock oysters – lime ginger emulsion, shallot, chives
- seared scallops – crisp pancetta, Jerusalem artichoke puree, truffle
- market fish en papillote – lobster bisque veloute, Pernod, fennel, herbs + kipflers
- beef – beef fillet, 12 hour beef cheek, braised red cabbage & chestnuts, beef glace
It’s a more classy restaurant with a good quiet ambiance, which could be perfect for a romantic outing.
7. Sienna Marina
Address: 6/7-41 Cowper Wharf Roadway, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011, Australia
- Monday to Sunday 7 am-11:00 pm
Italian cuisine was the basis of this restaurant, but now it has incorporated many other influences as well, like Middle Eastern and Spanish.
Usually, Italian food screams carbs with all the pasta, pizza, or rice.
The good news?
Many of Sienna Marina’s meals are keto friendly, and they have neatly separated meal plans on their menu. This means options for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
We suggest you try:
- Smashed avocado – avocado, feta cheese, two poached eggs, bacon, sesame seeds
- Omelet – egg spinach, feta cheese, ham, cheese, tomato
- Caesar salad – cos lettuce, bacon, croutons, parmesan, poached egg, anchovy
- Lamb backstrap on a bed of green pea mash with white beans and mint
- Tasmanian salmon with bok choy, cream, lemon puree, shaved almonds
Along with the great food, there is the added beautiful view of the wharf that the location offers.
8. El Jannah
Address: 4/8 South St, Granville NSW 2142, Australia
- Monday to Saturday 10 am-12 am
- Sunday 10 am-11 pm
Peppered across the map, El Jannah are prime keto restaurants Sydney based, with plenty of options on the menu. With primarily meat dishes, salads and sides come in to complement meals.
With their very own restaurant specialty called charcoal chicken, they provide a dish in a variety of layouts.
We recommend you try their:
- 1/2 or 1/4 chicken
- Whole chicken
- Family meal
- Whole chicken meal
The divided chicken medley of choices is great if you want to control your portions each day. Some meals come with either tabouli, coleslaw, or pickles.
Many of the meal options come with chips or bread, but it’s a simple case of holding off on them to make it keto friendly.
9. Ruby’s Diner
Address: Shop 1 & 2 179, 173 Bronte Rd, Waverley NSW 2024
- Monday to Friday 7 am-3 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 7 am-3:30 pm
With a highlight on whole foods and freshness, Ruby’s diner offers healthy keto friendly meals. With street-side tables and mural decorations, the menu completes the cozy picture.
Since it’s a diner it comes with some key choice takeaway coffees, along with tasty food.
Some menu options:
- coconut chili eggs – scrambled eggs, split pea curry sauce, coconut, green chili, coriander sambol
- raw breakfast salad – kale, broccoli, avocado, almonds, soft feta, mixed herbs, and soft poached eggs, bacon
- zucchini salad – zucchini, snow peas, peas, mixed herbs, green sprouts, beetroot hommus, tamari nuts, seeds + haloumi + chicken
- kale whale – apple, celery, kale, cucumber
Organic ingredients are the diner’s staple in combination with the health oriented meal plans on their menu.
10. Pure Wholefoods
Address: 5/10 Darley Rd, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
Phone: (02) 8966 9377
- Monday to Sunday 8 am-2:30 pm
A vibrant social locale full of warmth and smiles, Pure wholefoods provides an atmosphere that only gets better with the dishes on their menu.
Family-friendly space with a choice of organic coffees, teas, and smoothies. Within this list, there are also some great food options for the keto diet.
Key menu choices:
- Pure omelet – 3 eggs, tomato, feta, tamari mushrooms, baby spinach, shallots, salt, pepper
- Zucchini noodles, avocado mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, carrot, pickled red cabbage, Spanish onion, sprouts, fresh herbs, seeds, herb tahini dressing
- Frittata – egg, mixed roast vegetables, tomato, and feta
- Bulletproof coffee with coconut oil
Conveniently close to the beach, the restaurant is a nice little stop to grab some fresh food and enjoy the day.
They do claim to invest in high-quality fresh ingredients, as the name also implies, to offer healthy tasty food to their patrons.
Your keto diet will not leave you on the sidelines and you can eat out with friends fairly easily, in many different establishments ranging from multiple cuisines.
We understand that it can be a little difficult to examine every menu closely for keto options each time you try out a new restaurant.
This keto restaurants Sydney list should provide you with the necessary resources to make your next outing easy.
Sometimes it’s just a case of holding off specific items in a meal that are not keto friendly, and restaurants are more than happy to accommodate.
Up Next: 11 Best Keto Restaurants, Cafes and Takeaways in Melbourne (Low Carb Dishes)keto restaurant sydney